January 2016 sees the release of the new and improved MakerBot Smart Extruder+ designed to fit MakerBot’s fifth generation of 3D printers.
With this release, some of the common questions undoubtedly faced by the MakerBot user are:
- How is the MakerBot Smart Extruder+ different than the MakerBot Smart Extruder?
- How is the Smart Extruder+ different from the extruder on other desktop 3D printers?
- I have more than one MakerBot Replication 3D Printer. Will the same Extruder+ work for all of them?
Here are these questions answered by the innvovative folks at MakerBot:
1. How is the MakerBot Smart Extruder+ different than the MakerBot Smart Extruder?
The MakerBot Smart Extruder+ is engineered and extensively tested for better performance. Improved components within the Smart Extruder+ reduce clogging to extend the life of your extruder. The enhanced sensor system improves detection while improved alignment between your extruder and carriage ensure proper connection. These enhancements make the Smart Extruder+ easier to use and ensure greater print success over longer periods of time.
2. How is the Smart Extruder+ different from the extruder on other desktop 3D printers?
Most desktop 3D printers include a non-swappable extruder without sensors or connectivity to the 3D printer’s corresponding software. This requires the user to be more actively involved in monitoring their 3D printer. The design of the Smart Extruder+ makes 3D printing more accessible with an easy-to-use design that doesn’t require a toolbox.
3.I have more than one MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer. Will the same Extruder+ work for all of them?
There are two versions: one that’s compatible with the MakerBot Replicator Z18 3D Printer and another that’s compatible with both the MakerBot Replicator Mini Compact 3D Printer and the MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer. To ensure optimal functionality, select the extruder that is compatible with your MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer.
Have more questions? Please go to our shop and download the full list of product FAQ. Want more good news? You can buy the MakerBot Smart Extruder+ at US$199 right here at Image Transforms.Buy the Smart Extruder+